Bacopa monnieri or water hyssop is a herb that is more commonly known as ‘Brahmi’. Brahmi might treat health conditions like anxiety, stress and even more general memory and overall brain function. It has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for ages. It is considered to be a magical herb for its medicinal properties. It is equally beneficial for skin and hair.
Health Benefits Of Brahmi
Here are some ways in which Brahmi can help relieve some of your health conditions.
- Heals wounds
- Aids in treating chronic health conditions
- Reduces Inflammation
- Improves memory and brain function
- Uplifts mood and soothes anxiety
- Decreases blood pressure level
- Strengthens immune system
- Blocks the growth of cancer cells
- Keeps blood sugar level under control
- Treats Alzheimer’s disease
You should evade consuming Brahmi if you are undergoing the following requirements:
- If you are pregnant or lactating, avoid using it.
- It might reduce down the heart rate, so it is suggested to avoid using Brahmi if you previously have a slow heart rate.
- Brahmi might improve issues in the stomach and intestines, that can be dangerous for victims with ulcers.
- It can also make ‘congestion’ in the organs, worsening the requirements for the Once who have a blockage in their intestines.
- It might improve liquid flow in the lung. That can afford to worsened lung health for the victims of asthma or emphysema.
- This herb can also raise levels of thyroid hormone. If you are receiving medication for the same, it is advised not to use Brahmi without asking your physician.
- Brahmi might relieve urinary tract obstruction as well.